It’s that time of year again… the ‘New Year, New Me’ time of year. It can feel exciting to set new goals around your health and wellness for the New Year. But it can also be discouraging if you have a hard time staying on track with the goals.
Here are 5 simple steps to help you stay on track for 2023! Let this year be the year you follow through with all of your health and wellness goals!
- Fitness and optional wellness is a journey- give it your all but remember it takes time. Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It’s good for your body, it’s good for your cells which fuel your mind.
- Stop buying problem foods. Many “foods” sold at the grocery store should not even be considered food. Read the labels- if you don’t know what it says don’t buy it. It’s ideal to shop the perimeter of the store focusing on fresh foods and produce.
- Don’t skip 2 workouts in a row. Don’t beat yourself up for missing one- but quickly get back to it so you don’t get off track of your goals.
- Give your body the proper sleep and downtime required to rest and recharge. Before bed, I focus on 3 things I am grateful for that happened that day- it helps me recap my day and fall asleep quickly. Create a routine that works best for you. Optimal wellness comes from continuously connecting with your body.
My final piece of advice for staying on track with your health and wellness goals is to hold yourself accountable. Find a good, trustworthy accountability partner for this year, and remember you don’t have to be on this journey alone! Need some extra accountability? Let’s connect!
The Greatest Wealth is Health!